- Sensitivity: -47dB ±3dB (0dB=1V/Pa to 1KHz)
- Max SPL (140 dB)
- Impedance: 2.2 KΩ
- Directivity: unidirectional
- S/N Ratio: 68dB Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20KHz
- Cable lenght: 1 m
BL21 Lanen Contrebasse
A totally new range of instrument mic systems for recording all your acoustic instruments live.
We have perfected an electret capsule that can take up to 140dB. At that level of performance the capsule will preserve the full harmonic envelope and warmth of your instrument.
The BL21 Lanen Double Bass has been designed for double basses.
Double basses come in various sizes, so they need a fully adaptable clamp. We have created a mounting system which is flexible, ingenious and easy to attach. The mic’s flexible gooseneck allows you to place it at the very heart of the sound.
The clamp also provides excellent protection from vibration, so no risk of dents or scratching.
The top features of the BL21 Lanen Double Bass mic
- Excellent natural sound.
- Very high acceptable sound pressure level (140 dB).
- UHF compatible (with Prodipe UHF Lanen Série 21 - sold separately and available soon).
- Flexible gooseneck for fast, easy mounting.
- Lightweight rubber clamp specific to the instrument.
- Very high level of protection from instrument vibration.
- Mini XLR to XLR connector adaptor ensures that the mic lead is properly positioned on your instrument (48V phantom power supply required for wired connection).
Presentation by Ludovic Lanen :
"“Of all the components in a mic, the one that has to be infallible is the capsule. For the new Prodipe instrument mic range we have perfected an electret capsule here in France which can handle up to 140dB. And with this level of performance, our mic will preserve the full harmonic envelope and warmth of your instrument.
I have called upon only the best musicians to test the mic systems: Patrick Bourgoin for the saxophone, Yvon Guillard for the trumpet, Claude Salmiéri for percussion of course, Clément Garcin for the guitar and ukulele, Jean-Claude Auclin for the cello and Gérard Prévost for the double bass.
Our inspiration for developing the capsule has been the most reputed mics in the field. We have constantly compared the performance of our mics with DPA’s.
Each of the 21 Series mic systems is priced at 99 euros. But don’t let the price be the deciding factor. Buy the mic for its pro quality, because that’s our objective: to make pro quality available to everyone. And with this new range, Prodipe have done it again. They just can’t stop making their mark on the world of pro audio.”
Ludovic Lanen has been a sound engineer for many years now. He has worked in the studio and live with Francis Cabrel, the National Jazz Orchestra, François Béranger, Patricia Kaas, Serge Lama, Claude Salmiéri, Bertand Lajudie, Paga Group, Michel Delpech, Francis Lalanne, Jean Félix Lalanne, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Gilbert Montagné, Rose Laurens, Chimène Badi, Yves Duteil, Zachary Richard and Nolwenn Leroy.
Presentation by Gérard Prévost:
"When I choose a mic, the most important aspect for me is obviously the sound quality. Next is the mounting. This has to be reliable all the time
Ludovic Lanen asked me to be involved in the development of this new mic and what I’d like to do now is to pass on my satisfaction with the result. The acoustics and the attachment method for the double bass are going to make this mic one of the new audio standard setters for double bass mics.”
Bass player - Director - Arranger
Gérard Prévost - Profile:
- An incredible career! Gérard Prévost started out playing at Coluche’s musical events. He has played for Ginette Lacaze and many others (he even played himself in the Antoine de Caunes film dedicated to Coluche).
- He occasionally worked with Gainsbourg and has often worked with Renaud. He is one of the founders of the Grand Orchestre du Splendid and he mentored/provided arrangements for the Gipsy Kings over many years.
- More recently he has devoted most of his energy to jazz and to playing the double bass. He still accompanies numerous musicians and groups.
Presentation by Fifi Chayeb:
“Now when I record my double bass, I always opt for the new Prodipe BL21 Double Bass instrument mic.
Prodipe have remained true to their reputation and their commitment.
The sound in the recording is perfect and I can feel the harmonic warmth of my double bass. There’s also a very easy to use and ingenious mounting system.”
Bass guitar player - Double bass player
Fifi Chayeb - Profile:
Fifi Chayeb was born in Nice in 1965. He started learning piano at the Nice Conservatoire when he was 5, before moving on to the double bass when he was 6. After studying music for 17 years, he came to Paris in March 1987 to launch his career as a session musician for numerous acts:
- LIVE: Chance Orchestra, Diane Dufresne, Gilbert Montagné, Sylvie Vartan, Catherine Lara, France Gall, Sacha Distel, Babik Reinhardt, Jean Marie Ecay, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Paul Mauriat, Dionne Warwick, Carmine Appice, Manu Dibango, Idrissa Diop, Michel Legrand, Ray Gomez, Thierry Eliez, Guitars Unlimited, Patrick Bruel, Artmengo, Guy Marchand, Pierre Vassiliu, Richard Clayderman, Ginie Line, Alizée, Association Laurette Fugain, Eddy Mitchell, Julie Zenatti, Jean Claudric, Direction Musicale de Dany Brillant et Hélène Segara, Sylvain Luc, Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, Billy Cobham, Ernie Watts and Frank Gambale.
- STUDIO: Diane Dufresne, Paul Mauriat, Michel Legrand (soundtracks), Babik Reinhardt, France Gall, Michel Leeb, Sacha Distel, Jean Marie Ecay, Michal, Ginie Line, Idrissa Diop, Moktar Samba, Bruno Coulet (soundtracks), Alizée, Jean Marie Ecay, Mylène Farmer and many others.